2014 DANCER COMMENTS
- "Experiencing MIP was unique; not only was the ballet breaking multiple barriers I didn't even know existed, but the constant exploration of movement was extremely helpful. Attaining different mentalities while improvising and constantly being aware and analyzing oneself while dancing was wonderful to experience every day."
- "The teachers were so inviting and created an atmosphere that was easy to be in. So much love and passion filled the space."
- "MIP promotes an astounding growth in confidence of both movement and articulation of thoughts and ideas."
- "The highlight of my experience at MIP was being given the gift to work in such an open environment durationally."
- "I found the project to be incredibly mentally challenging--partly why I feel changed forever for the better."
- "The goal was the journey allowing for unfiltered exploration of movement that results in a greater understanding of movement and movement creation."
- "I just think about living differently. The way I inhabit my body has changed."
- "What was most helpful for me was working on getting out of my head space, not judging myself, and sticking with something that is frustrating."
- "It has given me an entire toolbox of valuable information and ideas to move forward in the dance world."
- "The atmosphere and the support of everyone around me was something I hadn't really felt before."
- "I now have so many tools to work with when I am dancing. But even more importantly, I feel that I have gained a certain confidence that I didn't have before the program."
- "The love, understanding, kindness, and support the dancers receive from the faculty - I will carry that with me for the rest of my career, hoping to spread it to others."
- "I like how MIP made me excited, frustrated, stressed, overjoyed. I love how in touch I am with myself not only as a physical dancer but as a mental and emotional dancer...I am happy to have rekindled my love for dance."
- "The idea that improv is an exploration, not just reaching into your "bag of tricks"...MIP gave me the tools useful for making that exploration."
- "...Curiosity, not only in movement, but in the world around us and where it comes from is a big one. Looking through my journal, I have written "This process makes me ask more questions. Curiosity is exciting." I hope to maintain this feeling throughout next year."
- "I feel that as a person, as a dancer, I have grown tremendously from this experience. I left the studios feeling so satisfied at the end of each day and excited for the next. I am so thankful to have had such the opportunity to work with such a wonderful, spirited faculty."
- "It was an amazing learning experience. Completely open, inviting, and safe for exploration and discovery. Different from any other summer "project.""
- "I think it is truly remarkable and amazing, what is being given to these young artists, especially when these kinds of exploratory opportunities are so rarely given with full trust to my generation."